Wednesday, April 27, 2022

AnDy ReMeNtEr's (WACKY DESIGN)


Andy Rementer  (Philadelphia) earned graphic design degrees from University of the Arts in Philadelphia. 



He is the happiest creating comics. 


The medium gives him the freedom to do as he pleases.



cartoonish?

I grew up watching cartoons new and old. As a I kid, I would spend countless hours learning to draw humorous characters and facial expressions from quirky “how-to” cartooning books and videos. I also loved reading the Sunday comics and made many fruitless attempts of creating my own. As I went on to art school, I sort of had to un-learn all of that. But Iʼm grateful for it, as after I finished my education, the cartoony stuff came back into my drawing, though in a much more organized way. The design approach had merged with the cartoons, and helped path the way to my current visual language.


Rementer's world:

1- zany,
2- biting & offbeat,
3- wacky is good,
4- witty,
5- be a little paranoid,