Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Update: Final Show

Securing a space hasn’t been easy. Today, finally I got an email from Tiffany over at Dacra. Craig Robins (the entrepreneur) was kind enough to find a space over at the Buena Vista Building (the building where Carlos de Villasante had his last show). Room #216 is a small but nice space on the second floor. There’s a problem: Because we’re so close to Art Basel, the artists are still dismantling their work. I’ve been told that we may work in the space on --the latest-- Saturday. If that’s the case, we’ll go there Sunday noon and mount our show for that evening. If not, it would have to be on Monday. Not optimal, but it’s the best I can do now. Getting a room at UM has been impossible, even though I’ve sent emails to numerous people, including the Department Chair. They know (for the past six years) that this one-night event is a crucial component in my ART 106 class. Yes, I’m pissed off.

6 comments:

anita said...

wow,
you know, i am truly displeased at how little the university cares for us.
as hard as it's been getting a date for our show...
i really need to know exact dates because i work and i can't just call in the day before and say i can't show up...
also, i have a final on tuesday, not to mention two papers due...
as hard as this may sound, but a sunday or monday show is really, really not looking good for me.
:-(

AT said...

I think (but I'm not sure, I will know later today) it may be Sunday, Ana.

Josh said...

AT, good argument on thenextfewhours. it took me a while to find it, but i can definitely understand your frustration. i think it ultimately comes down to the moderns' lack of willingness to explore new possibilities and leave concreted ideals. it's a shame especially in the world of art. it was very interesting to see two philosophers battle if only through a few comments.

AT said...

Thanks Josh. I'm glad you're interested in following some of it, though it can be a little tedious at times. I agree, it's more about willingness, being open to new things.

Anonymous said...

Go Triff!!

Anonymous said...

No way!!